It's 2am on the first day of the new year but thoughts keep streaming into my head! It's been a trying 2012! Mostly, the issues are still there and even if I choose to ignore them now, they'll surface eventually and haunt me again. Oh well..
What is the value of money? Can you put an actual number to it? What does it mean to a poor widow who receives $10k versus a rich man receiving the same amount. Will it be considered the same as the story in the bible where the widow's two mites meant more than all the other riches that went into the temple's treasury? Sigh. It's hard when a relationship involves money. People turn a blind eye when they get something. When you are at the giving end, a lot of times people take you for granted. I've learned that in giving loans, you have to be prepared to write it off. Should smaller amounts be treated differently than bigger amounts? Should you have more say? Is the kingdom of God further extended because you made more sacrifice? I think that it doesn't matter. God uses gifts, big or small, with or without us, to display His glory. So how can we discern His calling? Is it most effective only in direct ministry?
I suppose there are some answers to my questions but unless I rest and recharge myself, I doubt the answers will be very pleasing...
No comments:
Post a Comment