Thursday, April 10, 2014

Stay calm

It's 3:30am in denver, co. I'm here for the week for treatment.

Got woken up about two hours ago coz love was looking for the phone number of the animal hospital. I suppose you could say we got a taste of what it is to be like being a parent, except to kittens at this time. Krystal had accidentally swallowed a bone b/c Kasper had jumped out from behind and we think, scared her. She choked. Gagged. Spasm and passed out. I'm not sure of the exact event - I wasn't there - but love had tried to do the Heinlich maneuver but it didn't work. I think he put his finger down her throat and ended up getting bitten (& clawed?) when she finally responded. In lots of fear! I've yet to see the "damage" in real life but my guess is he was too shock to feel any pain. He spoke with nurse/vet tech and rushed to the hospital. Of course only after seeking help from a neighbor (at 12:30am) to move the fridge to get a scared (& bloody) kitten from behind.

Drama huh. I felt so helpless. Couldn't do anything but pray. I did feel like I needed to stay calm (part of which was due to the fact I was awoken in the middle of the night) and also asked love to try to be calm coz Krystal probably can sense the stress.. In the end, all is good. They took an x-ray and saw the bone in her stomach. Love probably saved her life! Back home, Kasper is walking all over the place. He's climbing over the counter and jumping from table to stove to counter. :( not sure what to do yet but I guess that's for another day.

Hopefully writing helped calm my nerves a little. Will try to get back to sleep. U/s appt at 8:30am and I've a 20ish min drive..

No comments: